Linked below is a printable Permit Application document. Use this document to request approval from the HOA before applying for a permit from the Town of Middletown. Please note that the Town of Middletown will not issue any permits for residents of Dove Run until the plans are approved by the HOA. Please submit this application, along with your plans to:
The Estates at Dove Run HOA
PO Box 189
Middletown, DE 19709
Please allow up to 7-10 business days for processing.
If you have additional questions, please use the contact page to discuss your plans with the Architectural Review Committee.
If you are planning a home improvement project, contact the town Building Permit & Licensing Office, located at Town Hall, 216 North Broad Street, to obtain a building permit. Building permits are required for:
- Building or installing patios, decks or patio covers; chimneys; garages; ventilation, heating or air-conditioning supply or exhaust systems; swimming pools; and tool or storage sheds.
- Adding or changing rooms, dormers, windows or wall openings, circuits or other parts of electrical systems; walls to a porch; and garages to a livable area.
- Replacing or repairing roofing, termite damage, porches, existing stone, brick or concrete.
- Demolishing any structure or part of a structure affecting a building on your property.
- A building permit ensures that work is done in compliance with the BOCA National Building Code and Code of the Town of Middletown and ensures that each phase of work is inspected by the town code official. Contractors hired to perform building or reconstruction work must be licensed with the town.
Permit contact 302-378-1171, fax 302-378-5675